2 Job Vacancies
KPMG is one of the largest professional services companies in the world and one of the Big Four auditors, along with Deloitte, EY and PwC. Its global headquarters is located in Amstelveen, the Netherlands. KPMG employs 162,000 people and has three lines of services: audit, tax, and advisory. Its tax and advisory services are further divided into various service groups. The name “KPMG” was chosen when KMG (Klynveld Main Goerdeler) merged with Peat Marwick.
KMPG is recruiting various qualified individuals with 20 years of experience to fill 2 vacant positions in their company.
Group Chief Investment & Business Development Officer
In line with the Company’s decision to ensure key roles are filled by qualified candidates with high-quality hands-on experience and leadership skills, the Company is looking for an exceptional Group Chief Investment & Business Development Officer.
- Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Group Chief Investment & Business Development Officer will be responsible for investment decisions across the Group including due diligence, capital raising, mergers, and acquisitions, etc. He/she will drive the optimal performance of the Group’s investment portfolio in line with the Group’s strategic goals and objectives.
- The candidate will also be responsible for identifying and converting new business opportunities for the Group to maximize revenue generation.
- Develop and implement a growth-focused strategy which will increase and diversify the Group’s investment portfolio
- Oversee the development of financial models for forecasting/ testing the robustness of the Group’s investment strategy and ensure periodic updates to the investment strategy where required
- Ensure Risk Management is integrated into the whole investment and business development planning process (from strategy to operation) across the Group
- Identify potential clients and investors/ partners for revenue generation opportunities for the Group and drive collaboration across the organisation for identified business opportunities
- Provide oversight and direction; lead investment teams; complete all fund transactions and effectively maintain the Group’s investment portfolio ensuring a balanced approach across all asset classes
- Develop short-term and long-term investment plans, and identity/recommend new business and investment opportunities to support the Group’s growth
- Lead and support significant pursuits to ensure bids and business opportunities are converted, working with business partners across the Group
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, products and services to drive the growth of Group’s portfolio
- Ensure continuous research to stay abreast of the economy, global financial markets, and general current events
- Identify transactions, investment structures and hedging opportunities to maximise Group-wide’s financial and strategic investment benefits
- As the ideal candidate, you will need to be a strategic thinker with a high level of commercial acumen and a track record of managing mixed asset investment portfolios & securing financing for new business ventures.
- In addition, a good understanding of Enterprise Risk Management and the ability to address and analyse problems; and anticipate, interpret & develop strategic responses to issues.
- To be successful in this role, you must have strong knowledge of all asset classes and various investment products and an understanding/ proficiency in fixed income and equity investments
- Minimum of a first degree in Accounting, Finance, or any related discipline;
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACA) or its equivalent is required;
- Minimum of 20 years of cognate experience, with at least 10 years in a Senior Management position within Private Equity (Investment) or Banking (M&A, corporate finance) interfacing with the Executive team and Financial partners.
Group Chief Financial Officer
- The organization has enjoyed significant growth over the years and continues to seek partnerships for growth across the subsidiaries.
- In line with the Company’s decision to ensure key roles are filled by qualified candidates with high-quality hands-on experience and leadership skills, the Company is looking for an exceptional Group Chief Financial Officer.
- The Opportunity- Group Chief Financial Officer
- Reporting to the Group Managing Director, the Group CFO will be responsible for providing strategic and operational direction/ leadership for the Group’s financial planning and management activities. The role holder will also provide oversight to the finance functions of the subsidiary companies, as they relate to budget management, performance reporting, financial accounting & reporting, and treasury management.
- Assume ownership of, and communicate the strategic direction of the Group’s Finance function to the subsidiaries, ensuring an accurate understanding of roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities
- Drive the formulation and implementation of the Group’s Finance function’s operational strategy, policies, procedures, and frameworks in line with the overall Group strategy
- Engage Executive Management to develop short, medium, and long-term financial plans and projections for the Group
- Provide oversight of all financial risk management activities within the Group Enterprise Risk Management framework and ensure that the full spectrum of financial risk (interest rates, foreign exchange risk, etc.) are identified, measured, monitored, and controlled
- Collaborate with the Chief Investment Officer to drive the corporate finance and restructuring efforts of the Group
- Review the Group’s capital structure and recommend optimal strategies to manage the Group’s borrowing capacity to finance future growth
- Review medium and long- term funding forecasts for the Group’s activities and seek Board approval for funding requests above approved limits
- Manage the Group and Holding Company’s statutory reporting obligations, ensuring the accurate and timely development of periodic reports and accounts, board presentations, etc. to aid decision making
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key external business advisors and relevant bodies e.g. regulatory organisations, auditors, solicitors, banks, etc. to facilitate effective business operations
- As the ideal candidate, you will need to be a visionary leader and strategic thinker with a high level of commercial acumen and the exceptional ability to manage internal and external stakeholders.
- A seasoned and innovative Finance professional with a good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, and legislation relating to a Holding company is a key requirement.
- To be successful in this role, you will need to have a knowledge of finance function operations and best practices in budget & performance reporting, treasury management, financial reporting, etc. and a good understanding of Enterprise Risk Management.
Key Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of a first degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any related discipline;
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or its equivalent is required;
- Minimum of 20 years of cognate experience, with at least 10 years in an executive management/ C- level position in a similar environment interfacing with the Executive team and Financial partners.